Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Stenciled Stairs

I recently came to the conclusion that I am in LOVE with stenciled stairs... but for a while I think that I was too afraid to try.  Silly, I know.. so I gave it a shot.. and I just adore how mine came out!

Pin It 
Now I didn't go BIG and BOLD .. I went more for the soft and subtle.
But if you are looking for an easy way to dress up your stairs on a budget THIS project is perfect!
Ingredients
High gloss latex paint (for the treads)
latex paint in a different color
painters tape and LOTS of it
roller 
stencils (mine are Martha Stewart)
patience and time
I started by taping off the stairs.
You can see how dirty my stairs were.. then I rolled them 
with not 1, not 2 but 3 coats of paint!
When they were dry and ready I had to commit to a pattern.  
This was the hardest part.. and I changed my mind several times before I came up with this pattern.
So I taped my stencil and got to work!
And I just kept going until I reached the top.. with a little help from my puppy girl, Penny!
She didn't want me to be lonely.
Then after several hours and lots of hard work I had a lovely set of stairs!
Walking up and down the stairs with laundry just got a little easier!

Time: 10 hours maybe more
Cost:  $15 for stencils and painting supplies 
I used paint I had in the house! 
Oh and here are some of my Pinterested Inspirations!
(which the hubs NEVER would have gone for!)
I am sharing with
The DIY Dreamer
I'm Topsy Turvy
Love,
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

1 comment:

  1. So cute! You must be so glad that you took the plunge and painted them :-) Andit's fun to see your pup keeping you company!

    ReplyDelete