Sunday, April 7, 2013

Family Photo Collage

My hubs decided that we NEED to redecorate our house.  After 5 years I guess he's right, it's probably time.  So I have been working on little projects here and there.. 
Here is my newest addition to our living room remodel.
Pin It
Yup, it's a giant family photo collage.
It also falls under my April category of UPCYCLED 'cause the big board that the photos are on was supposed to be a "doggie" door for our puppy.  But the hubs never hung it in the doorway so we just repurposed it.  (I'm soo happy we did too!)
Here's how I made it.
Ingredients
Giant Board
Paint
Sand paper
Scrapbook Paper
Cricut
Photos
Mod Podge

I started by painting the BIG board
white.
Next I Mod Podged the kids names 
all around the exterior of the frame.
Then I added "FAMILY" and a cute pic of the 3 kids together. 
Last I Mod Podged some old and new School pics that were just sitting in envelopes. 
Here is the finished Project!
Eventually it will hang in the living room behind the Entertainment Center... but in the meantime, I put it on the mantel it doesn't get damaged so you could see how 
BIG it really is! 
Can't wait to hang it up~
Oh yeah.. and just for the sake of sharing..
 I made these pillows for my couch too!
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

No comments:

Post a Comment