Saturday, April 13, 2013

Distressed Towel Bar

Another day another DIY project at the Pink Hippo House!
Pin It 
Today's project was this vintage style distressed towel bar that was totally inspired by our vintage hook.
”Reasons
Want to make one too?  
Ingredients
Wood Plaque
Pick Your Plum Vinyl
Acrylic paint
Sandpaper
Cricut 
Vintage Hook and Screws
I started with this plaque from Lowes
which I painted brown,
then brown with tan,
and of course a little white
until it looked just that way I wanted it to!
Then I used my cricut and some Pick Your Plum vinyl
to cut the word Towels and some fancy scrolls.
Next I sanded the sides and front a bit to give my sign that distressed look I love soo much!
Then I screwed in my vintage hook and hung it on the wall in my new Master bathroom.
A little touch of vintage.
”Reasons
I am sharing with
Too Much Time On My Hands
Love,
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

6 comments:

  1. How did you hand this on the wall so that it would be strong enough to hold a towel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica, sorry I could not email you a response as you are a NO comment reply blogger. But in case you stop back we drilled a hole in the back and used hangers that we got from Lowe's for pictures. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. Amie, this is so sweet! Love how it came out. Thanks for sharing it at Silver Pennies Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how this turned out! So much better then the usual hand towel hanger. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I love your letters. When I do my rustic wood signs I paint everything by hand, so there not as neat as these. I need to check out that cricut. That would make things so much neater and easier. I guess you can change the fonts if wanted to using the circut?

    Linda @ MixedKreations

    ReplyDelete